Introducing Childbirth Education and Preparation!
Birth Preparation Education
I am so pleased to be offering childbirth education classes. My courses are available to all women, regardless of where they choose to birth, and promise unbiased information from an experienced birth professional. More than childbirth education, my birth preparation classes ensure a well-rounded education for your childbearing year from prenatal wellness to what to expect from the postpartum period.
· What is evidence based care and what makes for a safe birth
· The role informed choice plays in your birth experience
· Birth support- benefits of a doula
· The importance of good nutrition and a healthy gut
· Information on optimal diet- How to and recipes
· Common pregnancy ailments and how to address them
· Addressing prenatal anxiety and depression
Your Body, Your Birth, Your Baby
· Anatomy of pregnancy
· Achieving optimal baby positioning
· What happens to the body during labor and delivery
· Understanding the progress of labor and timing contractions
· Positioning in labor
Giving Birth Naturally
· Tips from an experienced doula for managing labor naturally
· Techniques for relieving discomfort during labor
· Navigating a natural birth
· Interventions, induction and augmentation of labor- reasons and risks
· Positioning in labor
Preparing for Your Birth
· Developing an effective birth plan
· Packing your hospital or birth center bag
· Preparing your home for the postpartum
· What does baby *really* need?
Postpartum and Newborn Care
· Postpartum and newborn procedures in and out of hospital
· Postpartum mother procedures in and out of hospital
· Newborn care, sleep and behavior
· Breastfeeding basics
· The role of mom’s partner in the postpartum period
Six Week Course
Classes will be offered Tuesday nights from 6 pm to 8 pm. The first series is scheduled for July 28th.
A printed packet of information and electronic (PDF) file of recipes is included in your fee.
Class Cost: $175
The first six week series is being offered at a discounted rate of $150!
Two Day Crash Course
A condensed version of the six week class pushed onto one weekend. A printed packet of information and electronic (PDF) file of recipes is included in your fee.
Class Cost- $150
Private classes are available in your home or my office. Cost is dependent upon your needs. Your class is tailored to you!
Visualization, Meditation and Positive Thought
Take some time out of your busy week to focus on your mind, inner self and your energy. Learn how visualization can help you communicate with your body and your baby, bolster positive thought and mentally prepare yourself for the birth process. Sessions last approximately one hour. Visualization sessions are held throughout the month, watch my calender and facebook page for upcoming dates.
Click here to register.
Fee: $10 per office session
Package discount: Three sessions- $25
Five sessions- $40
Watch for more classes as they become available!