Introducing Childbirth Education and Preparation!
I am so pleased to be offering childbirth education classes. My courses are available to all women, regardless of where they choose to birth, and promise unbiased information from an experienced birth professional. More than childbirth education, my birth preparation classes ensure a well-rounded education for your childbearing year from prenatal wellness to what to expect from the postpartum period.
Informed Choice in Birth
· What is evidence based care and what makes for a safe birth
· The role informed choice plays in your birth experience
· Birth support- getting to know your birth team
· The importance of good nutrition and a healthy gut
· Information on optimal diet- How to and recipes
· Common pregnancy ailments and how to address them
· Addressing perinatal anxiety and depression
Anatomy & Mechanics
· Anatomy of pregnancy
· Achieving optimal baby positioning
· What happens to the body during labor and delivery
· Understanding the progress of labor and timing contractions
Giving Birth Naturally
· Tips from an experienced doula for managing labor naturally
· Techniques for relieving discomfort during labor
· Navigating a natural birth
· Interventions, induction and augmentation of labor- reasons and risks
· Positioning in labor
Preparing for Your Birth
· Developing an effective birth plan
· Packing your hospital or birth center bag
· Preparing your home for the postpartum
· What does baby *really* need?
Postpartum and Newborn Care
· Postpartum and newborn procedures in and out of hospital
· Newborn care, sleep and behavior
· Breastfeeding basics, Infant feeding
· The role of mom’s partner in the postpartum period
Six Week Online Course
Classes are offered one day a week for six weeks via Google Hangouts. Private classes are scheduled based on our mutual availability.
An electronic (PDF) packet of information and recipes is included in your fee.
Group Class Cost: $100
Private Class Cost: $150
One Day Crash Course
A condensed version of the six week class pushed into one four hour class. An electronic (PDF) packet of information and recipes is included in your fee.
Class Cost- $150
Private classes are available in your home or my office. Cost is dependent upon your needs. Your class is tailored to you!
June 20th-August 1st (No class July 4th)
July 9th-August 13th
June 10th Crash Course
10 am-2:30 pm
July 14th Crash Course
10 am-2:30 pm
August 8th-September 12th
August 25th Crash Course
10 am to 2:30 pm